All original written and photographic material on this site is the property of the author, and is not to be used without permission.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome to worldAblaze!

I am a young person in a big world. I have learned a little in my short years here, but there is still much to accomplish. For me, the greatest achievement of my life will be spending it hoping to bring the Truth to those around me. 
I have experienced enough of the world to understand that Truth is something considered versatile and unsteady; I believe strongly that this is not the case, and so I have begun this blog in answer to the Gospel call given to every Christian-Catholic at their Baptism- to follow the Word of God with their life and to serve the Master in "setting the world ablaze." I have taken the Scripture verse of Luke 12:49 as my guide, and I hope that it will remain the purpose and mission of this blog. 
We are mere people- often we feel more acted-upon than able to act. Yet, this is not the case. We have every ability to step outside of the boxes and walls being built around us and remain sure in what we know to be right. 
If only the world was still being offered Truth- do you think so many people would turn away from it? I don't. Why would they, when Truth brings clarity, peace, order, value, virtue, hope, and love. These are so lacking in our culture that many forget what life can be like when they are involved. So often I feel like I might be imposing or infringing on someone else's space or beliefs, etc... when really I am just backing down from offering them what is rightfully theirs by birth under the love of God- the chance to choose a life that is full. 
So I am going to strive to answer the call for help that I hear everyday on the news, the radio, the tv, the ipod, and in the schools and on the streets- I am going to strive to be a living witness to Christ Jesus and hold Truth up for others to have some light shed in darkness.
I invite you to join me in setting our world ablaze with the Spirit of God.

2 comments:

BES Hitch 2 said...

good word.

deep thought of lastnight:

i think sometimes that we forget we are not born man or woman, rather we are born male and female. only what you do with what you're given makes you a man or a woman. in the same way parents can be fathers and mothers, but only what you do with that parenthood can make you Mom or Dad. the semantics of it are intriguing because the words seem very much the same but they are different indeed. they both involve a gift from God, but both require our best efforts, much like the possibility of salvation from the cross... He has given us much, including the power to choose Him. this leads us to a call to be dissatisfied with the now. because if you take into account that God wants us in heaven, than at this very moment we can be neither who nor where God ultimately wants us to be. so in that light i feel as though it is safe to say complacency is not the way to be who we are meant to be, go where we are meant to go, or use the gifts God has given us to be even the most elemental of things, Man or Woman.

what say you.

Unknown said...

Dan, I agree with what I understand- not to say you confused me but more I am just too tired to process deeply. However, this is what touches me- I would add to the correctness of our call and need to be "active" and "alive" as to achieve "bestness" in our manhood or womanhood; I feel like simultaneously we also have the call and ability to encourage our "brothers and sisters in Christ" to their very best as men and woman through our being best as man and woman and that, as witnessed especially through the sacrament of marriage, in specific within a relationship of one man and one woman, it is possible to enable ourselves and one another at the very same time to reach the highest goal while remaining so very different. How wonderful (and I intend that word in it's meaning and not as the cliche phrase) that while striving to be the best man that you can be, to be active in reaching and stretching, you would also have the ability to bring a woman to a place of better womanhood- not in words or requirements or advice but in the very "being" of you as a man. Likewise a woman's "more-woman-ness" extends Christ's call to man to be fully man, and fully alive.

Feel free to correct, expand, discard... that was what struck me.