All original written and photographic material on this site is the property of the author, and is not to be used without permission.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Night, Another Dream...

But always you.

I'm a sucker for lyrics. Featured are songs which take over my heart when I hear them, and therefore are a playlist of their very own.

Yellow Card, Only One
"Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you, You are my only one. I let go, but there's just no one that gets me like you, You are my only my only one"

Cartel, Only You
"Oh but theres only you yeah its only you, It's only you i see, Girl if its only you yeah its only you, Its only you and me yeah, Can you feel it now, I've weighed it all out, Here and now my world turns inside out"

BedLight for BlueEyes, Walk With Me
"Will you walk with me, Cause I can't see, Just where I'm meant to be, Replay the scene over and over, And never change a thing"

Dispatch, Walk With You
"And I will walk with you, using the stars as guides. On a homeward path we go Knowing our time is nigh I, and I will walk to be with you. All I've done, to be with you... So put your hand in mine, and lay your head to rest. We'll light the candles now - they won't be lit for long we'll know our day was blessed I, and I will walk to be with you. All I've done, all I've done Just to be with you... I, I, And I will walk with you, Using the stars as guides on a homeward path we go, knowin' our time is nigh, I, I will walk to be with you. All I've done, and all I say I, I, To be with you, to be with you, to be with you"

Backstreet Boys (judge me), Incomplete
"I'd try to go on like I never knew you, I’m awake but my world is half asleep, I pray for this heart to be unbroken, But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete"


Dave Barnes, Until You
"I need you now and forever so stay right here with me, Don't ever leave, Love was kept from me like a secret, And I swore that I was through until you, Until you"

Josh Groban, Remember
"Remember, I will still be here, As long as you hold me, in your memory, Remember, when your dreams have ended, Time can be transcended, just remember me, I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly, It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun, I'm with you, Whenever you tell, my story, Remember, I will still be here, As long as you hold me, in your memory, Remember me, I am the one voice in the cold wind, that whispers, And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky, As long as I still can reach out, and touch you, Then I will never die, Remember, I'll never leave you, If you will only, Remember me"

Leona Lewis, I See You
"You teach me how to see, All that’s beautiful, My senses touch your word I never pictured, Now I give my hope to you, I surrender, I pray in my heart that this world never ends, I see me through your eyes, Living through life flying high, Your love shines the way into paradise, So I offer my life, I offer my love, for you"

Paramore, We Are Broken
"Keep me safe inside, Your arms like towers, Tower over me, Tower over me, And I'll take the truth at any cost"

The Rocket Summer, So, In This Hour
"So much feeling, Oh, my soul is singing, And everybody feels the same, Is this everything that you've hoped for? Is this everything you've dreamed? I think it is, If the real point is seen, So in this hour, Everything I do, Will be all for this moment, Everything's for you, My heart is open, And willing, So take it"
Something I love most about music like this is that so often lyrics speak on many levels, from more obvious situations of love among couples or friends or families to the deepest sense of love, between God and his children. It seems to me a testimony of the truth that He is Love, and that his love is the foundation that underlies our every desire in this life.


No comments: